If you take pride in your work and want to help people achieve their long-term goals, then we want you to join our team at Dynamic Rehab! We are a rehabilitation and skilled nursing center known for its commitment to enhance every patient’s quality of life. At Dynamic Rehab, our main goal is to help our patients and employees achieve their highest potential. We believe that for our patients to receive the best possible rehabilitation, our employees must be happy and enthusiastic about their roles. Therefore, we offer our employees an extensive selection of high quality benefit programs at low costs as part of our commitment towards creating a workplace where employee satisfaction is a priority. Dynamic Rehab is seeking an experienced and professional Occupational Therapist to help patients improve their ability to perform tasks in living and working environments. You will use treatments to develop, recover or maintain the daily living and work skills of your patients. Occupational Therapists help clients not only to improve their basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also to compensate for permanent loss of function. Ultimately, your goal is to help clients have independent, productive and satisfying lives. If you are passionate about helping people and believe that you have the potential to be an excellent Occupational Therapist, then Dynamic Rehab may be the best choice for you!
Job Responsibilities As an Occupational Therapist you will have to plan, organize and conduct occupational therapy programs to help rehabilitate those impaired because of illness, injury or psychological or developmental problems. In order to treat patients properly and accordingly, you will have to test and evaluate their physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients. Part of this process is to select activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills within limit of their mental and physical capabilities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluating patients’ progress and preparing reports that detail progress.
- Planning and implementing programs and social activities to help patients learn work and school skills and adjust to handicaps
- Preparing billing statements.
- Training caregivers how to provide for the needs of a patient during and after therapy.
- Recommending changes in patients’ work or living environments, consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Developing and participating in health promotion programs, group activities or discussions to promote client health, facilitate social adjustment, alleviate stress and prevent physical or mental disability.
- Consulting with rehabilitation team to select activity programs and coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
- Documenting patients’ evaluations.
- Completing and maintaining necessary records.
As a Dynamic Rehab Occupational Therapist, you must be enthusiastic about your work, and professional and courteous with the patients you treat. You must truly be a patient advocate and take an interest in the lives of the people you help. Furthermore, you must be a tremendous team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as your job depends on establishing good relationships with not only coworkers and patients, but family members as well. Additional requirements include:
- Degree and license from a board certified program in occupational therapy.
- Licensure in the state of Florida.
- Knowing CPR.
- Being somewhat knowledgeable about basic computer operating functions .
- Having the basic skill set to lift and transfer patients safely.
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities at once .
- Maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of the position.