The Maintenance Director plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards guidelines to assure that the nursing facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. The Director will be in charge of organizing and managing a staff of other maintenance workers.
Special Licenses or Skills Required:
Makes general appliance repairs, carpet repairs, A/C repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Installs appliances and electrical fixtures as required.
- Installs, repairs and re-keys deadbolt locks.
- Moves appliances, with assistance, using appliance dolly.
- Assists maintenance in maintaining a clean and orderly shop.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Participates in an ongoing property improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Reports any maintenance problems.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of job.
- Complies with all policies as outlined in company manual.
- Must have Skilled Nursing Experience working in a Nursing Home or Healthcare Facility
- Must have at least 2 years of supervisory maintenance experience.
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have average written and oral communication skills to be able to understand and follow directions.
- Must adhere to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of this position.
- Physical Requirements: Frequently lifts and carries up to 45 pounds (i.e. 5 gallon paint can).
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds (i.e. bag of concrete).
- Pushes and/or pulls (appliances) using appliance dolly up to 200 pounds.
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks and twists
Base Pay $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 /Year